SEO is a key strategy for having your business discovered online. But what is SEO and how do you take advantage of it? SEO is more than just flipping a switch on your website—it’s a long-term, intentional strategy. But getting some of the basics right are easier than you think.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. That refers to organic search results compared to paid search.
Google doesn't really change the rules very often so don't overthink it. Great content will get you a long way.
Three main areas to focus on for organic SEO:
- Technical: becoming pretty easy in most cases.
- Speed: Simple theme with a good host
- Mobile responsive
- Magic checkbox: "Discourage search engines from indexing this site”
- On-site SEO
- Page titles, avoid jargon
- Content: headers and separate pages
- External links: hard to get anymore, Get the low-hanging fruit
- Organic SEO and Keyword Research
- 5 Tips to Improve SEO for Your Service-Based Business
- Instantly Improve Your SEO Writing
- SEO Best Practices You Should Do No Matter What
- Why is Organic SEO a Long-Term Strategy?